28 April 2012

Port Townsend: Pt III

There are many things that make Port Townsend unique...
here are a few more.
It's a great place to see what is underneath
all those historic buildings and still be able to shop.
Oh I need to let you know it's OK to drive around the vehicles (trucks, post office delivery trucks) that are parked -- temporily -- in the middle of the streets downtown. Just be careful:)
 Another unique thing about Port Townsend is the wooden boat shipyard you can drive through.
This is the place I first saw The Lady...
what lady you say?
The Lady Washington, of course.
She was getting ready for her movie debut:)
I understand she'll be back this year...
Here she is in SW Washington all beautiful.
Loved this shipyard--an amazing collection of sailboats, fishing boats, etc.
A beautiful marina and mural too...
and I got my first photo of my favorite Victorian home from here years ago:) 
 As I have said---we do have palm trees in the PNW.
This area is in the rain shadow of the Olympic Mts too so that means less rain, more sun
(if only I could live full time in a rain shadow...)
This is the park area near the Haller Fountain (a classical type fountain) and stairs up the bluff.
 One of my favorite homes--a bed and breakfast currently.
This is the Old Consulate Inn, formerly the Hastings home.
LOVE this place--I would definitely stay in the tower--if that was possible:)
The very famous bell tower of the very famous courthouse in Port Townsend.
You can see this part of the courthouse from quite a distance if you are in the 'right' place that is!
It is quite an impressive building--I love old courthouses.  
Time to eat and do some tasks.
I leave you with this very unique and artsy wall (fence) we passed by while on our trip.
The arts are very big in Port Townsend -- it is truly an amazing place:)
More later (unless you are getting bored).
Blessings, Aimee



2 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

Wow, you are seeing a lot and thanks for sharing all those pretty places! I was at Port Townsend once but it was a long time ago. I need to visit again.
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

aimee said...

You are most welcome! I hope you go again Teresa; Pt T is a very arts friendly community and I know you'd like it. Besides that you can, on occasion, escape all the PNW rain there in the 'rain shadow':)
Have a great week!
Blessings, Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...