26 April 2012

Hood Canal: Washington's Fjord

After you leave Olympia and make the turn northward,
you aren't by the Hood Canal right away.
But that doesn't mean things are boring...
 being spring,
how could it be?
 You pass by a drive-in theater.
Yes, there really are some of these wonderful places left!
And even better (at least for a mountain lover person like me)
you catch your first glimpse of the gorgeous mountains of the Olympic peninsula:)
Followed soon by your first glimpse of the fjord, AKA the Hood Canal.  
 And then miles and miles of this...
  this...
and this.
And you find yourself falling in love with this part of Washington all over again.
(to be continued)
Blessings,
Aimee

4 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

I love all the water photos and that mountain one.. wow!! You're doing a lot of toodling around, good for you! Thanks for the birthday message, you're a doll!
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

aimee said...

Thank you! Yea, I LOVE those mountains--and I LOVE taking photos of them every chance I get!
Blessings, Aimee
PS: Yea, I DO love to travel! Been trained to travel since I was too young to remember the trips:)
PS2: Stay tuned...more beautiful mountain photos to come.

Gracie Saylor said...

God does such good work, and I especially admire His oceans, and mountains. Thanks for sharing more beautiful views, Aimee! <3

aimee said...

So very, very true! In fact I was going to say something about that in part 2.
And you are so very welcome! I am thrilled that you are enjoying the journey with me:)
Blessings, Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...