07 February 2012

More in the Land of Linn

As I have said many times I love history and historical buildings;
I especially love it when our family has ancestral connections there.
I think of what this beautiful land looked like then--
when the rivers ran free
and the towns were smaller.
I imagine them crossing bridges, like this one, on their way into town from their farm.
I wonder if they looked up, like me, and admired the beams and structure of the bridge's ceiling.
A part of me longs to have lived here when they did--
when the rivers ran free
and the towns were smaller.
I wonder what it would be like to have grown up here then.
Time to find out.

Next: a trip back in time...

Blessings,
Aimee
~
Photos:
Short Covered Bridge, Cascadia area
Weddle Covered Bridge, Sweet Home (Sankey Park)
Dahlenburg Covered Foot Bridge, Sweet Home (Sankey Park)
Whitmore Covered Foot Bridge, Sweet Home (Clover Park)


Other Posts from the 'Land of Linn'
here, here, here and here (the last post being a historical mill)

Other covered bridges outside Linn County
here (King's Highway, Polk County)
here (another one on King's Highway, Benton County)
and more being added:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...