10 February 2012

By the Sea in Seaside

Often my trips to Seaside involve only seeing it from Highway 101

as I head to and from Astoria...


but there is much, much more to this seaside town then just the highway.


This time as were driving through, I spied the Chamber of Commerce and made a stop to get directions to Young's River Falls...and came away with a whole lot more.


So after our trip to the falls, Astor Column, Svensen Island, Home Bakery and more...

we made our way back to there to follow up on some of the leads we were given earlier that day.

I'm so glad we did---because Seaside is a whole different place in the winter!


Of course, I had been to the boardwalk before...

but the lighting and setting were SO wonderful how could I not go again? And this time, I could get wonderful photos of the beach! While in the area we also followed up on leads for chocolate--after all my Farmer Boy LOVES his chocolate and it was his only request when I asked him what he wanted from the beach.


We found parking quite easily--something harder to do in the busier seasons and while my friend went in to buy chocolate, I enjoyed the architecture of the buildings downtown

(Broadway and surrounding streets) and ...

the public art

(ok I'm ready for summer now)!

And then we enjoyed a lovely meal of seafood salads and clam chowder

(well she enjoyed her fabulous clam chowder and I enjoyed one bite of it,

bemoaning my fate of having lactose intolerance)!


It was the perfect ending to a perfect day...


and I know that I'll be back to this city by the sea:)
~
Where is your favorite place to vacation?
Does your heart sing when you think of the ocean?
Or is it the mountains or desert that make your spirit soar?


Blessings, Aimee


Note: Seaside and nearby Gearhart are located on the northern Oregon coast, between Astoria (to the north) and Cannon Beach (to the south). It is very popular with young people and others, especially during spring break holidays and the summer season. Seaside is known for its boardwalk along the beach, shopping, other family friendly activities and PNW history (the Lewis and Clark expedition).

3 comments:

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

I love to go to the coast and we will next week sometime!

aimee said...

Me too! We are hoping to go this week too---I asked for a trip as a Valentine's Day gift:)
Have a great and safe time on your trip...make sure you post photos if you can:)
Blessings,
Aimee

aimee said...

Me too! We are hoping to go this week too---I asked for a trip as a Valentine's Day gift:)
Have a great and safe time on your trip...make sure you post photos if you can:)
Blessings,
Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...