12 January 2011

The WORD on Wednesday: New Year's Resolution II

My next New Year's resolution is this one I first wrote about when my mom's condition had been fully diagnosed and we realized exactly what it would mean for her, and us. At this low point, Psalm 46:10 was of great comfort to me; actually all of Psalms 46 is good!
-
"Be still and know that I am God."
-
Be still and look around you;
I am the Creator of all the beauty and grandeur of nature that surrounds you.
I am your Creator too.
-
Why do you fear?
Why do you limit Me to what you can understand?
Your preconceptions of who I am,
the world's view of who I am,
rather then
who I say I am.
-
Am I not almighty?
Ever-present?
Omnipotent?
Eternal?
Holy?
-
Have I not promised I would be with you,
your mom
and all who believe in Me forever?
Have I not promised to be her Shepherd and yours,
even through the Valley of the Shadow of Death;
am I not faithful according to My promises?
Am I not merciful?
Am I not gracious to those who call on me with humble hearts?
Perfect in love and faultless?
-
Silence your doubts,
listen to Me.
Put your hand in mine
and believe the One who created all of this beauty,
the One who sees the whole picture
and
the One who loves His children perfectly
and has a great plan for them all.
-
KNOW that I am God.
I don't make mistakes.
Draw near Me,
in silence,
I have a lot more to teach you if you're ready.
--
Blessings,
AImee
~
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof.
Selah.
-
There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the Most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early. The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: He uttered his voice, the earth melted. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge.
Selah.
-
Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations He hath made in the earth. He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; He breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; He burneth the chariot in the fire. Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge.
Selah.
Psalms 46 KJV
Photo: the Siletz River traveling east

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...