11 January 2011

A Look Back at 2010: Autumn in the PNW--Pt I

Nothing like looking at photos of God's creations to turn a bit of SAD and accompaning 'growlies" (don't try to look that last word up; it only exists in my mind--I think)
to a bit of glad! Now if I just can stay awake all day:)
Here are a few photos from autumn travels...
My traveling companion on our first visit to one of the NW's newest parks.
Don't you love his traveling gear? Believe me there was a BIG reason for that coat and hood;
it was SO cold on top of this hilltop--brrrr!

But the views were incredible!
BTW--this is one of the NW's newest parks and neither of us had been there before!

I can almost pretend I am on the top of the world here;
of course I'm not...
I DO have a vivid imagination:)
Local vegetation--pretty!
Ew--the photo isn't too great though:(

And the view on the way down.
Ahhh---I wish I was there right now...
well in about 3 hours I wish I could be there.
Sadly, laundry and other tasks await me here
and DH has to go to work.
Oh well--maybe someday soon we can return to this wonderland of hiking trails, gorgeous views, trees, forests and more!
-
Blessings all,
Aimee
-
Photos: taken at L.L. Stub Stewart State Park, autumn 2010
Note: sorry--no forest photos, maybe later.

2 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Aimee,

The ph oto of those white and pink flowers... We have those here in Southern Oregon. I'm not sure what they're called. I heard someone call them weeds once...but I think they're native wildflowers of some sort. I'll have to see if I can find my photo and post it on my blog for you to see :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

aimee said...

I'd LOVE to see your photo if you can find it! I have a relative who does a lot of hiking in southern Oregon and they're always posting photos of the beautiful wildflowers they find in the No California/So Oregon area!
I thought they were Queen's Anne Lace/wild carrot -- but am not sure now. They are quite pretty--next time I will try to get a better photo of them:) Since there are a lot of them around should not be a problem!
Blessings,
Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...