12 January 2011

A Look Back at 2010: Autumn in the PNW-Pt 3

Beautiful
amazing
historical

Vernonia!
I am a small town/country girl.
I can enjoy cities (I used to live in Seattle),
but my heart belongs to the small town and the country.
Now if you throw in history
(here there is strong logging tradition and a lot of historical buildings),
parks (city and county),
and views of hills and such...
you have me as your friend forever:)
Oh and good (tasteful) public art--
I love public art.
From the statues in a wonderful park in Loveland, Colorado
to the great metalwork I found throughout Vernonia;
call me happy when I see art in communities!
(possibly more photos of art later)

Add to that, fabulous Baba Ghanoush,
lamb, mint tea, baklava...but that will have to wait for another post;
it would make me just TOO hungry if I had to look at those photos tonight:)

Yes, beautiful

amazing
historical
Vernonia!

Can't wait to go back!
~
Blessings,
Aimee
~
Photos and notes:
Park located up on a hill overlooking the town
(hard to see when leaves are on the trees--but very pretty)
Another park--Vernonia Lake;
an old millpond with a walking path and wonderful views!
Sign near the main street of town
(which is highway 47)
Another water view at another city park
(can you tell I love reflections in water?)
One of the metal sculptures on the historic buildings downtown
(they all had a common theme of wildlife, logging, small town historical life)
3 more photos of the Vernonia Lake park area
and the ducks.
I LOVE ducks;
my sibling used to own 3 ducks.
We lived in the country then on a stream with big trees all around.
Good days, well except for the time I tried to walk on water there
(yes, it had ice on it).
I might have made it but I panicked (?) and tried to run;
it was a really cold horseback ride home.
I am thankful for horses and neighbors watching over silly neighbors.
I am thankful for funny memories like that too.
Cute autumn decoration at the Shay Locomotive park
(historical locomotive)
I have a thing about the railroad too;
maybe I get that from my grandpa.
-
Note: in part 2 you can see some photos of the park near their airport--the most secluded of the parks we visited that day (there were more in the town we didn't get to and of course there is the nature reserve, the county parks, the waterfall and all the areas in between).
Am so going back--soon!

2 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Cute town :) :) I think Oregon has some of the best places to visit!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

aimee said...

Agreed--Washington state too!
Blessings, Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...