02 November 2009

Signs

I've always liked them-
these yellow and black 'pictures' along the roadsides of America (and elsewhere)
And now I've decided to start a collection of them-
well not them because that is against the law...
but images of them.
Besides they take up a lot less room and you can feel good about this type of collection.
One of my favorite signs-
probably because I LOVE horses so very much!
I especially like Arabian and Fjord horses and have
ridden both of them--
but not at the same time of course.
Because if I tried that I would not be riding-I'd be falling...
and I hate falling from a horse;
actually I hate falling from anything.
Speaking of horses...
I used to own one.
Well he was more like a pony
a Welsh one. But I loved him.

I like this sign too because it has kids on a see-saw.
(You know these signs remind me of children's drawings)
And I love see-saws and children too
(especially my grandchildren
and 'little friend')--my best friend's granddaughter.

I certainly can't leave 'Bambi' out of this new collection
That would be wrong
VERY wrong.
And I do so very badly want to be right.

And because I am married to a real Farmer Boy (although we don't live on a farm)
And because I am very partial to farmers and their wives
Especially my honorary 'second' mom who recently celebrated another year of life and blessings....
so this one is in honor of her!
-
GOD bless you always & forever Mom
and
God bless all of our American farmers!
-
You will always have a special place in this American's life!
--
Speaking of signs...my best friend saw a Turtle crossing one--down in the south, Georgia I believe. NOW I would love to have a photo of that:)
For some other neat road warning signs for reindeer, polar bears, lizards, elephants, Amish buggy and even a camel and more see here
Blessings, Aimee
--
PS: There should be a warning sign for that HUGE spider I just saw; the one crawling across my mini blinds about three feet or less from me. EW! Good thing my best friend isn't here. She hates spiders the way I HATE snakes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...