03 November 2009

His Unfailing Love


"Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens;
Your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.


Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,

Your justice like the ocean depths.


You care for people and animals alike, O Lord.


How precious is Your unfailing love, O God!
All humanity finds shelter

in the shadow of Your wings.


You feed them from the abundance of Your own house,
letting them drink from Your rivers of delight.
For You are the fountain of life,

the light by which we see.
Pour out Your unfailing love on those who love You;
give justice to those with honest hearts."

-

Psalms 36: 6-10 NLT

(© 2003 Ilumina Software, Tyndale House Publishers)

--

Did you notice something about the verses above? Yea, I know that I kind of gave it away with my title but really it is truly amazing that God's love towards His children is unfailing and that David mentions it not once - or twice - but three times!

Sometimes after I fail --- by losing my temper or not doing something I know I should --- I get into a mindset that God has stopped loving me (after all I am SO unperfect how could a perfect God love me?). But the truth is that King David, who penned these verses under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, failed--actually several times-- and in pretty big ways too by ordering the death of one of his Soldiers and taking what was not his to take (another's wife). And yet he knew that God's love for Him was unfailing and this is true of God's love for all His children.

The question is--can you and I accept that?

-

Photos:

Southern Idaho (and yes that shadowy area that looks like a heart was not added by me)

Colorado--Pike's Peak from the Garden of the Gods I believe; early AM

The Pacific Ocean - near the mouth of the Columbia River

Small town church in the PNW

Autumn Harvest bounty from PNW farms

PNW mountain range -- evening

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...