08 April 2013

If At First You Don't Succeed....Sharing Today (Part 2)

Spring break in Oregon brought sunshine and blue skies to the coast.
April brought...well it brought normal spring weather to the PNW:)
But we don't let little things like wind, cold and a few showers stop us...
so it was off to Tillamook and Garibaldi for a day trip.
At Bar View County Park we are always met by busy seagulls doing their seagull thing.
And there is often nice wave action on the jetty...
my husband has spent many hours fishing off these rocks when he was younger.
He is part mountain goat...
he can jump from rock to rock.
I, being of sound mind and horrible balance, leave such things to him.
Aren't they great?
I absolutely LOVE these guys!
And now to break the 'gray' theme I have going here...
a little pretty pink by the bay!
I truly, truly LOVE spring blossoms...
at home so many of our fruit trees are filled with blossoms of white and pink.
Inland, at the Tillamook Forest Center, the Wilson River was running high...
and it looked completely different from this summer when we visited here and walked along it.
The turbulent water was everwhere it seemed and along highway 6 I spotted around a dozen waterfalls and cataracts...so amazingly beautiful!
 I SO wanted to stop and take photos of everyone of them...
but once you are in well moving traffic on that road,
you just don't want to stop because you are sure to get stuck behind
someone moving well below the speed limit as we did on the way back
 
Maybe next time...
 LOVE these mountains!
 
Blessings this Monday evening,
Aimee
 
Notes:
NO! The driver of the Tillamook Transit Bus
was not one of the slow moving vehicles...
they were driving quite appropriately for the road and weather. 

4 comments:

Betsy said...

You posted such beautiful pictures of my favorite place to vacation-the Oregon coast. I, too, love the seagulls in all of their splendor. I know they aren't the most respected of birds, but I love to watch them soar on the ocean breezes, or wind as is famous in Lincoln City.
Thank you for your comment on my blog. It means a lot to me that you stop by my musings about life. :-). I don't think I'll ever figure blogger out either. Mighty frustrating sometimes.
Blessings,
Betsy

aimee said...

Betsy~
I LOVE them too and so did my mom! I don't feel like I've been to the beach unless I see a whole bunch of them:) Glad you enjoyed them.
You are most welcome...I am glad that we can bless each other and compare notes about our blogger challenges---LOL!
Blessings,
Aimee
PS: This time I had to upload photos in HTML...who knows what will happen next time:)

Linda W. said...

I love the Oregon Coast! I only live an hour away, but yet it seems I'm always up in the mountains! You got some great photos.

aimee said...

Linda~
I love our coast too but I really LOVE mountains! Hence a perfect trip for me always, always includes some time in the latter:)
Thanks--glad you enjoyed the photos.
Blessings, Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...