10 April 2013

A RIDE to Remember

 (note: there's a pretty short ad first--sorry)
 
Once upon a time there was a crazy grandma.
And once upon a time she took her three wonderful, thrill loving grandsons and daughter
for a day of fun at an amusement park.
 
Now this grandma's idea of an adventure at an amusement park includes rides on
carousels, trains,
 and a long, long time ago, ferris wheels.
But never, ever roller coasters.
 
 That is till that fateful day...
the day she decided she just had to ride a roller coaster once before she died.
 
So she gathered information relevant to the goal she had in mind:
she talked to the kids there---
who all lied to her and told her it wasn't bad at all
and
was, in fact,  a LOT of fun.
 
(She should have known better...)
 
And she counted the exact time it took to complete each ride cycle--
from the beginning to the end she knew exactly how long it would take in seconds,
Really!
 
And after several minutes of information gathering
she convinced herself it couldn't be THAT bad,
could it?
 
And so,
she boarded a car
and quickly
 learned the shocking truth...
even grandmas CAN be wrong:)
 
For from the very beginning to the very end,
this grandma was truly terrified and convinced she was going to fly out of the coaster car
at any moment.
In fact, so convinced was she of this,
that her arms were covered with bruises for days after
and her whole body oh so sore
from holding on for dear life.
 
But she had done it...
 
So,
I ask you,
is your idea of a good time at amusement parks the carousel?
The ferris wheel?
Or is it...like ALL the rest of my thrill loving family,
the roller coaster?
 
And what items on your 'bucket list' if you have one...
Blessings,
Aimee
 
Notes:
This was the famous Ripper roller coaster
(yep that name alone should have been enough to convince me not to ride it)at the now closed
 Thrill-Ville USA south of Salem. 
 

4 comments:

Betsy said...

I used to absolutely love the roller coasters. But...it has been about 10 years since I was on one and I don't know if I could do it now. The ones I know I cannot do are the spinning ones. I get soooooo sick.

So great of you to try for your family. A great feeling of "I did it!"
Blessings,
Betsy

Teresa Kasner said...

I just want to go to Europe before I die.. but I'm thinking I won't make.. makes me sad. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

aimee said...

Betsy~
I am happy I did it...although there is no way you will ever get me on one again:)
You sound LOTS braver than I was (and am)...this was quite awhile ago too. Fortunately my hubby was along when we took the grandkiddos to Enchanted Forest recently and he got the pleasure of taking our oldest granddaughter on the rides well I entertained the youngest one--who shockingly didn't want to go on any of them.
Hope you are having a great time with your special little one!
Blessings,
Aimee

aimee said...

Dear Teresa~
I wanted to cry when I read your comment...you must not give up on your goal of going to Europe; things happen and you never know!
Here is someone who is hoping very much that this dream of your heart will come true someday!
Blessings,
Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...