12 April 2013

A Stroll Through the Tulips

Springtime in the Pacific NW means many things...
hanging laundry outside to dry (love),
usually better weather (love),
more hours of daylight (definitely love),
bbq season soon (can you tell what's on my mind?)
and blossoms,
lots and lots of blossoms!
And, if I get tired of seeing the blossoms in our yard,
I can just go strolling through other peoples' gardens.
One of the places I love to go is Wooden Shoe Farm located in the Woodburn area...
It's been a few years since I was last here...
and I found some changes--
like this PINK John Deere tractor
(and you KNOW I LOVE pink)!
 And then there are always the tulips,
beautiful,
incredible,
wonderful
tulips!
And I will have more tulip pictures for you later...
depending on Blogger's mood that is:)
 
What are you doing this lovely Friday?
Blessings,
Aimee
 
Notes:
Right now the tulips are in full bloom
AND
it isn't raining either
(woohoo!) 
It's Tulip Festival time:)
Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm, Woodburn, Oregon
 
As always (unless otherwise noted),
I am not associated with the farm in anyway...
but I am a repeat visitor and customer
*and I LOVE it there amidst the many colored tulips*
 

6 comments:

Betsy said...

Hi Aimee! Beautiful pictures! And you are the second blog that I've read today with pictures of that pink John Deere at the tulip farm!
Today I'm cuddling Miss Piper and enjoying myself immensely. Tonight is knit night at Taci's house, so I'll get to see all of the "girls" again. Fun times. And best of all. Hubby is on his way here too. :-). I miss him.
Blessings,
Betsy

aimee said...

Hi, Betsy!
I have a feeling that the pink John Deere will be on many blogs before the tulip season is over!
Ah--cuddling time--always a good thing:)
I miss my hubby too when we are away from each other--even if it is just for a night.
Looks like you are in for continued good times...have a wonderful, wonderful time with all!
Blessings,
Aimee

Linda W. said...

Ohhh....the tulip fest in Woodburn has been on my bucket list for awhile. Your second photo is a beauty! I love tulips almost as much as I love rhodies.

Teresa Kasner said...

Oh my goodness.. I have wanted to go to this festival for years! Maybe Sunday? I'm booked for tomorrow already with a Jury for art and crafts for Vista House an then to a chorus practice for the DAR state conference. I need a break! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

aimee said...

Linda~
Well you just gotta go so you can cross off another item on your bucket list:) They have lots going on-especially on the weekends.
Thank you so much--that photo was one of my favorites too!
Blessings,
Aimee
PS: We're really blessed to be able to have so many beautiful plants in this area aren't we? Do you like our native rhodie (or is it an azalea) too?

aimee said...

Teresa~
You are one of the busiest people I know! I vote for Sunday--unless it is drippy, then maybe mid week. Keep an eye on the field reports--they update them regularly. I tend to like days where there is some cloud cover...oh and a hot air balloon would be nice (but so far I haven't gotten my wish on that one).
Have fun tonight--your new yarn sounds delightful!
Blessings, Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...