30 January 2012

PNW Wildlife Refuges

A few reasons why winter can be a good thing:


1. It is one of the best times to visit a wildlife refuge...


to see migrating geese and other waterfowl.


2. You get a whole new perspective on nature,

without leaves on the trees.

3. You get a chance to see new little critters;

I am told this is a muskrat.

Now that makes me think of the song Muskrat Love...

I think I am aging myself here.

4. You get a chance to explore new places...


without the 'crowds' of the warmer seasons.


~


~


And, as you can see,

the weather isn't always bad in winter...

but the views can be very interesting.

~

What new places have you seen lately?

Blessings,

Aimee

~

Photos:

Ankeny National Wildlife Refuge

rural Marion county vineyard

Grand Island seed beds.


Note:

Other posts with Refuge photos


(near Dallas, OR)


(near Eugene, OR--includes historical attractions also)


(southwest of Portland, OR)


(west of Portland, off Highway 26 near Jewell, OR)

2 comments:

Momzoo said...

where I live there are big corn and wheat fields fairly close to a big lake (lots of water fowl winter here), and I love watching big flocks of Canadan Geese (hundreds, if not thousands) glean from those fields. Thanks for reminding me to enjoy the winter.

aimee said...

That is something I would LOVE to see! I absolutely LOVE waterfowl! Enjoy your beautiful piece of paradise on earth!
Blessings,
Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...