30 July 2013

A Day of Firsts: Part I

It was a day of firsts...
 
 
First ice cream cone in a bowl...

 
First horseback ride
(such a big girl)

 
First, but definitely not the last,
scramble to rescue beach toys from the incoming tide.

 
First chance to say thank you to the horse (Chinook) who gave you your first,
but definitely not last, horseback ride!
(Grandma and grandpa both had horses when they were younger;
grandma has never lost her love for them and still on occasion takes a ride).

 
First water fight with grandpa at the coast...
SO much fun
(for you both)!

 
First, but most assuredly not the last, goofy granddaughter face by the bay...
 
 
A day of firsts--
but this was definitely NOT the first smile grandma captured that day...
 
To be continued...
 
Blessings,
Aimee
 
Photos:
All photos this post © 2013 A. Blessings.
All rights reserved.
Please do not copy unless I have given you permission to do so.
Oregon's central coast. late July 2013.
 
 
 

7 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

Loved seeing the joy on your little girl's face. Which beach? Teresa :-)

Linda W. said...

Aww...she is so cute! Looks like your granddaughter had a blast with grandpa and grandma.

Gracie Saylor said...

What a GRAND list of firsts, Aimee:) Ahhh and time spent at the shore.....thanks for posting :)
Gracie xx

Willow said...

Lovely and fun. I'm so excited that she had her first hoseback ride. !!
Chinook looked like a POA appaloosa pony, such a pretty color.

aimee said...

@Teresa~
Thank you! We loved seeing her that way too:)
Your question reminds me of what I forgot to mention in the post, and that was to thank you for making Siletz Bay so fresh in my memory!
We have been there many times before, but when we hit the central Oregon coast the 'main' beaches it seemed were more windy then I like, and I remembered that SB is less windy...so thank you for your post which led to this post:)
Blessings,
Aimee

Linda~
Thank you -- we definitely think so:)
I think we both had a blast!
On another subject, I know I've already said this, but I sure loved your most recent post--wish I was in better shape and not afraid of cliffs. You inspire me!
Blessings,
Aimee

Gracie~
Aww! Thank you my bloggie friend:)
What are you working on this week? I've been wanting more and more to learn how to crochet and then surprise all you crafters with a creation--shh! It will be between you and me till then:)
Blessings,
Aimee

Willow~
Thank you--I was too! We put her dad, our son, in English riding lessons when he was younger and, as long as she is here, I want to get her well acquainted with the amazing and magical world of horses!
I forgot to add that Chinook used to be a rodeo horse at one time--he was in the Pendleton Round-up which is a huge event in Eastern Oregon.
Loved your dog post--your little guy is amazing!
Blessings,
Aimee

Betsy said...

Ahhh! The joy of experiencing some of the wonders of God's creation for the first time. Just look at the absolute joy and happiness on her precious face. We also love Siletz Bay and of course Mo's. thank you for sharing with us.
Blessings,
Betsy

aimee said...

@Betsy~
You are most welcome...it was my pleasure to do so! It was great to see the expressions on her face--made her grandpa and I very, very happy!
That area is SO wonderful because you really have the best of two worlds--the ocean and the bay--both not too many steps away from the other.
Blessings,
Aimee
PS: How is Piper?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...