24 May 2013

After the Storm (Does God Cry?)

 
 
 
The storm has passed...the rain has ceased for the moment.
Droplets of rain lay like glittering little crystals on leaves and flowers alike.
 
 
So much pain in this world;
so many tears.
 
Not one week seems to pass without bringing more news
 of suffering, loss, sorrow and death.
Such has it been since Cain lifted his hand to take his brother Abel's life.
 
 
Does God cry I ask as I lift my eyes towards the heavens?
Does He feel this family's pain;
does He feel my pain?
 
 
I know Jesus wept...
for the Bible says so and I believe what is written there.
It also says that
the only begotten Son of the living God
knew pain and sorrow firsthand.
 
Verse after verse, I read accounts of His walk among mankind... 
 among those experiencing storms of disease, loss and oppression--
those with little or no hope.
Yes, Christ saw the cruelty of man against his fellow man;
He saw a world where the Golden Rule was not followed
and
He knew well what that cost those He had come to save;
those He gave His life's blood for.
 
 
Does God cry?
I don't know the answer, for the Bible doesn't say...
 but I DO know God loves those who cry
and I know He longs to comfort them.
 
Today,
I long to comfort a family 
experiencing great sorrow in a nation far from my own--
a family I do not know,
but a family known to God.
Today I also long for a world where we love one another as He loves us.
 
Blessings,
Aimee
 
 
Thou tellest my wanderings:
put Thou my tears into Thy bottle: are they not in Thy book?
Psalm 56:8 KJV
 
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;
and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying,
 neither shall there be any more pain; for the former things are passed away.
Revelation 21:4 KJV   
 
 

6 comments:

Linda W. said...

Nice photos, especially your first and last ones. Great details of the water droplets and nice colors.

Betsy said...

So well written Amy. Of course I don't know the answer, but you're right. I KNOW He loves me and all of His children.
Blessings,
Betsy

Teresa Kasner said...

I really enjoyed all your water droplet on flower photos. I guess you have to go with what we have, and what we have is wetness! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

aimee said...

@Linda~
Thank you--I think my favorite is the first because of the 'capture' of the Adirondack chair in the water droplet, but I, as you know, LOVE most any 'after the rain' photos:)
Blessings,
Aimee

@Betsy~
Thank you so very much. I am sure of the very same thing:)
Blessings,
Aimee

@Teresa~
Thanks! Yep--rain and more rain:)
Blessings,
Aimee

Cathy at Wives with Knives said...

Thanks for a lovely and thought provoking post, Aimee. I hope you are enjoying our wet holiday weekend.

aimee said...

Cathy~
You are so very welcome! I think I would enjoy a little drier version, but am holding onto a somewhat sunnier weekend forecast for later this week. Besides, I keep reminding myself, IT IS Rose Festival time:)
Blessings,
Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...