22 February 2012

Lent Begins: Ash Wednesday

In this life on earth we travel many paths...


The year we lost mom, I traveled this one with my dad and best friend.



This path was new to me then and each curve of the road revealed more of the beauty of creation...



Valley, hills, mountains, woodlands, forests, rivers...it was truly beautiful and I eagerly 'drank' in each new sight!



Shortly after we turned onto this new path that year, I remember stopping at a wide pullout and getting out of the car.


Walking as close to the edge of the cliff as I dared, I saw what looked to be some kind of waterfall...but so much of my sight was obscured by the seasonal growth of weeds, I had a very limited view of its true beauty...


Recently my DH and I returned to that same spot. The ground was wet and muddy; secure footing seemed unsure in the area I had stood before. But then my wise hubby pointed out another place where it was drier and cautiously I walked towards the edge.


I looked out and down, this time through the minimal foliage of wintertime and this is what I saw...



Today Lent begins...another opportunity to focus on the Creator; another chance to let Him remove the 'weeds' in my life (politics, TV, bad choices, wrong priorities, etc) so I might see more clearly what is true and what is not; another chance to more fully realize just how much our Abba Father loves His children...just how much He loves me.


And though I will never fully see or know Him on this side of eternity--just as I could not see the whole waterfall even with a lot of the weeds gone that day; I know God will reveal more of Himself if I set apart time to meet with Him. And so the 'drawing nigh' time begins anew...with a refreshing of the Spirit to follow.


Lenten Blessings, Aimee


Note: Three Rivers Highway, Cosper Creek Falls.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...