18 June 2009

For the Love of Bambi

Since I was a little girl I’ve always loved deer. Maybe it was my childhood viewings of Bambi the movie or perhaps the influence of my mother, who still to this day rejoices over the sight of a deer when we’re on a trip. But no matter the reason I am always filled with joy and wonder when I catch a glimpse of one of God’s most wondrous creatures.
Now since moving here, when our adult children were young, we've been blessed to catch a few glimpses of deer but it's been years since I last saw one our land. Now I am not sure if it is because I’m on Aimee time and they’re on deer time or if it is a case of our dogs barking is scaring them off or something else. Whatever the case, I’m told there has been a recent sighting near us and the other day……my friend pointed out tthat deer have been munching on our gooseberry bush! Now I know this news would not be considered good news by most gardeners--but I am more then happy to share a little of what God has given us with the fleet footed ones.
So until I am blessed to see one of our ‘own’, here are a few deer sightings from my travels around the Pacific NW and elsewhere.

For a not so good photo of a deer on our land years ago see here.
---
“For who is God, save the Lord? and who is a rock, save our God? God is my strength and power: And He maketh my way perfect. He maketh my feet like hinds’ feet: and setteth me upon my high places.” II Samuel 22:33-34 KJV
-
“Knowest thou the time when the wild goats of the rock bring forth? or canst thou mark when the hinds do calve?” Job 39:1 KJV
-
“The Lord God is my strength, and He will make my feet like hinds’ feet, and He will make me to walk upon mine high places.” Habakkuk 3:19 KJV
-
“As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after Thee, O God.
My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?” Psalms 42:1, 2 KJV
-
Blessings,
Aimee
-
Photos:
Olympic Peninsula, WA
Olympic Peninsula, WA - probably near Discovery Bay
Sunriver, OR near Aspen Lake
Wallowa Lake, OR area
Sunriver, OR again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...