19 June 2009

A Walk in His Gardens--Peaceful Forest

The path led upwards--up further into the forest.
It was a simple path, made up only of earth held in place by what looked to be wooden 4 X 4's. It was unobtrusive, not too much and not too little--it fit in well with this woodland here blending in with the browns and greens of the forest it went through.
I hiked up this path--past the wooden bridge and the small stream of water; I continued up the hillside until I was surrounded on both sides by tall evergreens, deciduous shrubs and ferns. It was quiet here on this slope, the few people I had seen earlier were now gone and I had the area to myself--well except for my DH who waited below on the meadow like area.
Nearby I could hear the song of birds; their melodies sounded sweet to my ears which had tired of the news and the sights of the modern world.
I had needed this time here--alone in God's world. These few minutes in His world was like an oasis for my parched heart and I would leave feeling refreshed by being in a small part of the gardens God created.

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me...O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise."

Psalms 51:10, 15 KJV

Blessings & peace,

Aimee

Photos: forest views from the Pacific NW

Note: Sorry about the few photos. I will try--again--to upload the rest later; having PC or blogger (or a combination) problems now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...