Wisdom and a message of love from Norway---A couple days ago one of my favorite bloggers, a Norwegian Christian pastor, had a post about a youth club outing that she had been involved with. The blog author included a quote of one of the girls who had done the devotion that night.
As I read it; it really hit home for me for it perfectly describes the relationship that God has with us--His children, His creation, His handiwork.
- God is the greatest artist---the beauty of nature all around us is proof of that.
- As an artist, He is devoted to the work of His hands--just as a dedicated artist cares about the work they create.
- All nature, including we who were made in His image, are proof of God's care and love (remember the lilies of the fields, knowing when a bird falls to the ground and providing rain, sun for those who believe in Him and those who don't too)
- God is at work in our lives. Sometimes, we may not see that as a good thing--for some changes are painful--BUT He's doing it because He cares --as in deeply, totally loves us--the creation of His hands; His children.
- God does all of this because He sees what we should be like, just as a great artist ’sees’ the finished masterpiece in his mind. And just as earthly artists want the work of their hands to be perfect; so does God. He wants us to reach our potential--to accomplish what He planned for us to do; to be who He wants us to be--as a loving, perfect, just Father. And remember, He sees the finished work of art--we don’t.
- Finally, just like His work at Creation--the changes He makes with “great love and care” will be good. For all that His hand creates, as the perfect Artist-loving Father-caring Creator is good.
Take a look at the post--I think you’ll like this simple, yet deep message from this young Norwegian girl! Here is the link: http://limeblog.net/2009/02/09/youth-club-goes-alpine/
“And God saw every thing that He had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.” Genesis 1:31 KJV
“ The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handiwork.
Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.” Psalms 19:1-3 KJV
“And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: and yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall He not much more clothe you, Oye of little faith?” Matthew 6:28-30 KJV
“Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.” Matthew 10: 29-31 KJV
“..He maketh His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.” Matthew 5:45 KJV
“…being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:” Philippians 1:6 KJV
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose" Romans 8:28 KJV
“For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.” I Corinthians 13:12 KJV
Blessings from a fellow 'work of art in progress", Aimee
Photo: NW State Park in spring.