12 February 2014

Valentine's Week: Aimee's 'Heart' Trail

About a month ago,
 Linda of Linda Len's posted photos of her hike to the Christmas Ornament trail.
From the moment I saw it, I was captivated by the idea and wanted to recreate it at home--
in our not so hidden woodland.
Yesterday, with snow still on the ground (yippee!)
 and some raindrops falling, a friend and I set up the beginnings of what will be--
I hope--
a magical place for my granddaughters to visit.
 
 
Red hearts...

 
white lace...

 
heart bead necklaces for two little ladies.
 
 
 
Valentine's Day cookie cutters
(Mmm...makes me hungry for sugar cookies)
and some glass ornaments still to come
(after the wind settles down a bit).

 
Lacey bow on a Japanese maple.

 
And, of course, the garden had some pre-existing 'ornaments' of its own.
This plant--a Scarlett O'Hara pieris looks perfectly suited for the Day of Love
 
 
Not the best photo---
but I included it anyway because of a scary incident yesterday.
In the morning, one of our three dogs all of a sudden came up missing;
no where to be found.
Farmer Boy who always goes out with our dogs unless I do,
called and started to search the property while I prayed
(the last time this happened we believe our dog saw a coyote or mountain lion--
that time dear dog didn't bark either in response to our calls;
we finally found him cowering under our deck.)
This time dear dog, who is pretty well blind, was in our upper pond.
Fortunately the pond was so full of dense plant growth and such that he didn't sink.
Scary--for him and us.
Tonight I am very grateful for answered prayer:)
 
Time for bed now--
busy, busy week ahead with a Small One set for a weekend visit.
Wishing you all a very blessed and most lovely Valentine's Week!
Blessings,
Aimee
 ~
Another GREAT idea for Valentine's Day can be found on
the site of another blogger friend, Teresa.
Teresa lives in the incredible Columbia River Gorge region of Oregon
and is extremely talented in all sorts of crafts!
 On her site she has made available a free pattern
 for Scandinavian crocheted hearts.
Take a look--
I KNOW you will love them as much as I do!
Perhaps next year, after some practice, you will even find some of them
making an appearance on my Heart Trail:)

14 comments:

Betsy said...

Oh Aimee I'm so glad your found your dog. Very scary and an answer to prayer for sure. Your grandgirls are so lucky to have you for grandma. What a creative idea and I'm sure they'll have a wonderful time chasing after each heart.
I'm heading home in a little while. Miss Piper has gone to daycare and I'm just waiting for my bedding to come out of the dryer so I can make the bed before I go. I vacuumed the house and cleaned the bathrooms this morning. If I leave the house clean, they're happy to have me back. Just kidding. They told me not to do any of it but they both work so hard I want to help where I can.
Have a lovely day!
Blessings,Betsy

Linda W. said...

I LOVE your heart trail! Your granddaughter will have a blast looking for the valentines.

aimee said...

@Betsy~
Me too! It was a relief to find him wet but safe!
Thank you. I hope they will like the idea.
Safe travels to you--I would have done the same thing:)
Blessings,
Aimee

@Linda!
THANK you for your great post that was the inspiration for my heart trail:)
Blessings,
Aimee

Gracie Saylor said...

I love: the idea of your heart trail...and the one you have created. I can imagine your granddaughters will enjoy it as well :) So glad your dog is safe! I have some hearts hanging around me all year, and really loved making some from Teresa's pattern. and want to make some more. Happy Valentine's Day in advance, Aimee!

Teresa Kasner said...

Hi Aimee.. I adored your heart trail.. the girls are going to LOVE this! Imagine my surprise when I saw you linked to my heart pattern! That was fun! I hope you make some, you'd love having them to add to your heart collection. Have fun with the girls

_.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._
*H*A*P*P*Y* *V*A*L*E*N*T*I*N*E*S* *D*A*Y*
_.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._

((hugs)), Teresa :-)

aimee said...

@Gracie~
Thanks! It was a lot of fun to do:) I am SO relieved about our dog being OK too; he is my first dog and I would feel terrible if something bad happened to him.
I love hearts too and Teresa's are gorgeous!
Happy Valentine's Day to you also:)
Blessings,
AImee

@Teresa~
Thanks! I think they will--especially after it is completed:)
I hope you don't mind about the link to your pattern and blog. I think both are wonderful and the crocheted hearts you designed are amazing! I am looking forward to making them--after I learn to crochet that is! Fortunately my DH comes from a large family with many creative women!
Happy Valentine's Day to you also!
Blessings,
AImee

Lorrie said...

What a fun idea for your grandchildren.They will love it.
I had our 3 year old granddaughter for two days this week - it's exhausting. Having children is definitely for the younger set!

Willow said...

Oh Aimee I am glad your little guy is safe .
He must have rather blended in if there was snow !
I hope you have a wonderful Valentines day with the wee one :)

aimee said...

@Lorrie~
Thanks! I think they will too:) You are definitely right...I have trouble just keeping up with my adult kids when they visit! Fortunately I will have help this weekend.
Blessings,
Aimee

@Willow~
Me too! I am relieved BIG time. All of our Eskies blend in a bit with the snow---although they are looking more like the color of dirty snow lately:)
Thanks, I will! Wishing you a happy Valentine's Day!
Blessings,
Aimee

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

Glad that everything worked out fine Aimee. No snow up here.

aimee said...

@Sam~
Me too Sam, me too!
So you missed out on the snow completely huh? I was hoping you were having some fun in the beautiful white stuff:)
Blessings,
Aimee

Unknown said...

So glad you found your dog, I was nearly in tears reading that.
Such beautiful pictures and hearts xxx

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

That's a fun idea! That's so scary about your dog...I'm glad you found him so quickly.

aimee said...

@Emma~
Me too! Thank you SO very much for your kind remark and for your visit! It truly made my morning:)
Blessings,
Aimee

@Terri~
My youngest granddaughter really loved it! She even made her mom walk through it and find all the hearts when she stopped by to pick her up:)
I was so relieved! He usually stays in the back with us where there are no ponds. I think the snow may have made him disoriented...
Have a great week Terri!
Blessings,
Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...