20 September 2012

Of Quilts, Afghans + Other Handicrafts

This was going to be a post filled with photos of the amazing quilts, afghans and other handicrafts I saw today during my trip to St. Mary's Quilt + Craft Fair in beautiful Vernonia, Oregon...but I cannot get any photos to upload from my computer and I no longer can use the old interface as a backup as I've been forced to do lately...
You will just have to believe me that the church was filled with quilts of every size and color you could imagine, pillows, afghans, dish gardens, table runners and a whole lot more! We truly loved it and, yes, a new quilt found its way home with me as did an adorable baby dress towel (that I would love, love, love to show you because it is the cutest!) ....
Additionally we had a great lunch of beef barley stew (love this stuff), apple pie (yum), a roll and a delectable marinated salad...oh and my friend and I had a lot of fun being waited on by some of the most respectable, cute, attentive kids that we've ever met! They were AMAZING and truly had servant hearts!
 
The fair is going on for a few more days if you want to enjoy time among some gorgeous quilts and more! It is located at St. Mary's Catholic Church. They are located next to the new Vernonia school (SO happy for little Vernonia who has been plagued by two very bad floods) at 960 Missouri Ave. The phone is: (503) 429-8841. Admission is $1 (yes, one dollar).


FYI:
Cell service can be iffy in this mountain valley; depends somewhat on your carrier and a lot--it seems--on your location.

Found a new, amazing way to get to Vernonia today---sometimes getting lost IS a great thing:)

In trying to keep up with my hubby who (foolishly) walked across railroad trestles in his youth, I walked across my FIRST one today...and I didn't crawl:) Of course, the one I walked across had a LOT of safety features and was meant to be walked across. BTW---the views from up top were very, very nice as were the ones on our NEW, preferred route to Vernonia!

And last but not least, we saw the following today: lots of horses (regular and miniatures too), alpacas (love them), dogs (of course), deer (3 does under some apple trees), bison (yep in an idyllic setting too)...no cougars though (BIG sigh of relief) or bear (ditto) during our hikes>

What are you up to?
Blessings,
Aimee

PS: Will post current photos later--if I can. As per my usual disclaimer I have no association with St. Mary's Church except being a repeat visitor. And now---politics:)



 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...