18 July 2012

The WORD on Wednesday: God's Unfailing Love

Sometimes I feel like God has deserted me...
that I am alone;
that He longer loves me.
Sometimes
 I even feel as if the words spoken on the cross by Jesus Christ could be my own...

"My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?"
(Matthew 27:46b KJV)
Others have felt this way before me;
even King David, a man after God's own heart
 (see Acts 13:22 KJV).
In Psalm 42:9, He writes
"I will say unto God my rock,
Why hast Thou forgotten me?
why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?"
~
You see
 (and I am reminding myself here)
these feelings that God has deserted you,
that He doesn't love you,
that He doesn't care for you or your needs...
are just that--feelings;
NOT reality.
~
The truth; the reality can be found here
in these verses also written by King David,
under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit:

  Your unfailing love, O LORD, is as vast as the heavens;
Your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
your justice like the ocean depths.
 You care for people and animals alike, O LORD.
How precious is Your unfailing love, O God!
All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of Your wings...
Psalm 36:5-7 NLT
~
So the truth is
you and I are not alone,
God has not deserted us.
And despite the circumstances that you and I are facing
God loves us
and
He wants you
and I to know that.
~
O God,
Pour out Your unfailing love on those who love You...
Aimee
 ~
Photos:
Central Oregon coast range wildflowers
Gleneden Beach
A view on a rural road in Lincoln County, Oregon
Notes:
Scripture quotations marked (NLT) are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Last scripture verse Psalm 36:10a KJV

2 comments:

Cathy at Wives with Knives said...

Lovely post, Aimee. Thanks for sharing it.

aimee said...

You are most welcome Cathy! Have a blessed day:)
Blessings, Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...