02 March 2012

Snow on Vines: A Trip to the "Wine Country" of Oregon

The other day, after I had gotten over the excitement of snow at our place,

I asked myself...

I wonder what a vineyard looks like in snow?

So, a friend and I took off to explore that area of Oregon,

after Japanese food, of course.


I've been to this area before;

I try to make a trip here at least once a season because of the spectacular views.


Depending on where you are,

you can see the Coast Range (and we know I love those mountains)

or the Cascade Mountains (and I love them too).

This photo, unless I got really turned around on the sometimes rough roads, should be of the Coast Range...and I believe that is the Tualatin Valley between the mountains and where my friend and I were.

Despite the cloud cover and my less than perfect photo,

it was really beautiful with all the snow.


Another view of a hilltop vineyard.


As you can see below, the snow was hit and miss,

depending on where you were in this group of hills.

Nevertheless, it was a great trip and come later spring,

I will be back to find more of nature's treasure.


Lots more photos,

but it's time to work as my DH has promised me another trip this weekend if I can get a lot done today around the house

(he knows how to motivate me on dark, gloomy days like the one today.)


Lenten Blessings, Aimee

Photos: Early March in the "Wine Country" area of Oregon.

3 comments:

BrittArnhild said...

What a beautiful landscape. And even more spectacular because of the snow.

BrittArnhild said...

What a beautiful landscape. And even more spectacular because of the snow.

aimee said...

It is beautiful there no matter the season...but I do LOVE it with snow!
Thanks for your visit:)
Lenten Blessings,
Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...