09 March 2012

Colors of My Life: Early March

My heart opens wide to embrace the colors of the season.

The blue of the sky,

the deep green of the grass and Irish moss,

the pink of the primroses and this cyclamen.


I smile as I pass by the forsythia with its sunny flowers;


I feel content as I catch a glimpse of our brightly colored koi in the

water of the lower pond.


Inside our home a bit of spring colors have taken residence too~

the forsythia branches I forced quite awhile ago

(thanks Momzoo!)


and the yummy, sweetness of the first red strawberries from California


being incorporated into fresh strawberry muffin batter:)

In this season of new life and increased light,

I find my heart overflowing with gratitude to God for the many wonders

and countless blessings of His created world.

Do you?



Lenten Blessings, Aimee




Notes:

fresh strawberry muffin recipe found here



Momzoo's post on forcing forsythia branches here

4 comments:

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Hey, just was at Heather's blog o rama and saw you commented so am popping over to say hi! God's world is beautiful indeed and had the time to see some of it today on my way to/from my friend's house, taking Teresa some lunch and visit, she's recovering from breast cancer surgery. On the way home, I saw a beautiful sight of a red barn and Mt. Hood peeking out, oh my. No place to stop at all. Roadside has no shoulder. It's engraved in my memory though. Hugs and have a good weekend!

aimee said...

Thanks so much for stopping by Becky! I hope your friend is doing well in her recovery from surgery-it's so nice that you can bless her with both practical and spiritual blessings! My best friend sounds a lot like you:)

How well I know the scenario you describe!! I make others drive, as much as possible, so I can capture photos--albeit at a fast shutter speed and not framed too well but there are times I am driving and that doesn't work. It is SO hard when you see such beauty, isn't it?

Have a wonderful weekend Becky--God bless you + yours,
Aimee

BrittArnhild said...

These colors are still a few weeks away from The House in the Woods. But they will come, eventually.

Lovely post of the joy and blessings of everyday life.

aimee said...

Thank you--I am so glad you enjoyed the post! I eagerly await the arrival of beautiful spring colors in your blue garden so I can enjoy them with you!
Blessings,
Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...