25 September 2010

Coastal Wanderings: Scenic Byway

Highway 101 runs all the way up the coast--
in many places close to or along the Pacific Ocean and bays;
in others it takes a detour inland.
-
Here are some photos of the region south of Tillamook along the above route...some which includes part of the Siuslaw National Forest.
I agree with this sign--and would add very scenic byway!
It had been so long since I had been on this route only small sections seemed familiar to me.
I loved the small towns,
the pretty barns like this one we passed,

the coastal rivers
(which are popular with fishermen),
the wetlands,
the trees--the many, many trees...

and the many, many scenic views like this one and ...

this.
I think I'd like to live here!
Hope your path leads you through God's handiwork this weekend:)
Blessings,
Aimee
-
Note: noticed a bit of early autumn color on the pass this trip, can hardly wait to see more!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...