09 July 2010

PNW Lavender Festivals

Love lavender as much as I do and live in (or are visiting) the Pacific NW?
Well then I heartily recommend some quality time at a lavender farm:)
-
See here for the Lavender Festival soon to happen in Sequim, Washington
(Olympic Peninsula)
and
here for one taking place this weekend in Washington's southern neighbor, Oregon
(Gorge and western Oregon).
-
BTW---many farms offer open hours outside the festival dates;
check the sites above for further details (and more info on lavender).
-
If anyone is aware of a lavender festival in the PNW or outside this region, please feel free to leave the information in the comments area:)
-
Meanwhile at my little lavender 'farm', my plants are happily blooming and I am thinking tomorrow, when it is a bit cooler, might be a good day to harvest them. I am also considering planting new ones in the second raised bed (the first one is a wildflower-style garden).
Blessings this eve,
Aimee

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...