15 May 2010

The Other Day

Recently my sibling and I made a trip to my parent's home where I discovered some 'priceless' treasures--well priceless in my eyes, and the eyes of our family. One find really surprised me at first though, and then didn't as I got to thinking of my great-grandfather and what one of his children had written about him--- "and it was while riding horseback in the pursuance of his church duties that he mastered the Hebrew and Greek languages..."; he would later go on to be a professor at a Christian college for many years.
This is what I found that day, and even though we're not 100% sure it was great-grandpa's (because his name doesn't appear to be in it); he would be the most logical choice for having been the one who owned it originally.

I like the section where there are proverb-like sayings, and I am very excited because my father said that the book can come home with me for awhile :)

I am excited about that!

The book is almost 134 years old (Tamuz 5636 would equate to June/July 1876 from what we could determine on the Internet).

Hum, wonder what other old books are hiding in the corners of my parents' home...?

Blessings, Aimee

2 comments:

Sallyo said...

How exciting to find such a treasure! Enjoy it!

aimee said...

TY -- I am planning to:)
Blessings,
Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...