20 May 2010

In Their Words: Voices From the Past


Our family has been fortunate in that we own some of our ancestors writings (poetry, books, journals, family history information, letters). I find that the more I read them, the more I see how many of life's challenges - and joys - are the same.

Here is an excerpt from my Grandpa M's journal (1909-1911) written while he was at college in the PNW:
“ I worked a little while on my story plot this evening but did not accomplish much. Time passes so swiftly and I can’t do half of the work that I plan. I am praying for wisdom regarding these things as I wish to make my time count for more than it has in the past.“


  • Do you see any similarities between any of your ancestors and yourself or your children?
  • Do you think that many of life's challenges and joys are the same as they have always been-despite improvements in technology?
  • Do any of your ancestors inspire you because of hardships they faced?
  • If you could go back in time, which of your ancestors would you most like to talk to and why?
Blessings, Aimee
Photo: Grandpa & Grandma, probably on their wedding day.
Note: If you would like to learn more about Grandpa M, please see this earlier post here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...