01 September 2009

Welcome September:)

For the last several weeks I've been looking forward, with great eagerness, for this day to come. And why, you ask?
Well the answer is easy, for today marks the beginning of my favorite month of the year and the start of 'autumn' in the PNW!! (yea I know it isn't officially autumn yet, but believe me it IS the beginning of early autumn here with cooler nights, mostly nice days and even--possibly--an occasional day or so with showers! Maybe.
-
So how to best spend the first day of my most favorite month? Again an easy answer! Take a trip to farms & farm stores what else? And so my best friend, "Little Friend" and Little Friend's sibling and I took off...
-
At the first farm, I ate my first apple of September 2009, picked just seconds before ....SO good (really good obviously since there's no photo! Munch, munch!) But here is a photo of the apples my best friend picked while we were there.

Have I said how GREAT that apple was? How perfect it was? Oh yea, I guess I did:) And looking at these right now makes me think of how good they would be in a cobbler, pie or just baked with some spice and a bit of caramel maybe.

-

-Besides the wonderful apples, I also saw some great green plums, a couple of BIG beautiful sunflowers, purple cabbage, BIG tomatoes and more! Plus I (and my friends) had a great time visiting with the family who lives there! I LOVE farm families!

-

Then we were off to our next mission--peaches. Because pretty soon peaches will be gone for another year and I had to get some. We actually went to a couple places to look at peaches and yes, I got a box to bring home (and some other goodies too). I intend to conduct a couple experiments with them:) Really!

-

-Apples, plums, peaches, berries, corn on the cob, sunflowers, cooler nights, farm stores and farms. Some of my most favorite things about early autumn and September in the Pacific Northwest!

-

How did you spend your first day of September?

Hope it was a good one for you!

Blessings, Aimee

-

-"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven..." Ecclesiastes 3:1 KJV

-

-"Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are His: and He changeth the times and the seasons: He removeth kings, and setteth up kings: He giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding: He revealeth the deep and secret things: He knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with Him. I thank Thee, and praise Thee, O thou God of my fathers" Daniel 2:20b-23a KJV

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...