14 November 2008

Friday Means Fitness Day. (Yea, well not quite)

It's time for me to put actions behind my words in the area of fitness goals. Really, it's way past time.

As all those who have passed THAT certain age know, if you don't use it you will lose it. Well I've lost it--or at least a lot of it. With each passing year I am less flexible, have less strength and my endurance... well let's not even talk about that. I might need carbs if I start thinking about that.

Honestly, there is little to no excuse for not doing something to reverse this aging tide that has caught me in it's rapid current. Oh, and I didn't mention this: I was diagnosed with Osteopinnea several years ago--not good and it might be worse now as I've done little in terms of intervention.

Yep, it's past time for me to do something about this matter. I have all the essential equipment here inside my dry, warm home: treadmill, a fitness band, hand weights of various sizes, weight scale, kitchen scale...and time.

To inspire me I painted the 'exercise' room a bright yellow, put a radio in there and made sure the treadmill was pointed towards the window so I could look outside at the beautiful view. Really what more do I need?

And it occurs to me, in my present 'inner arts' focus on stewardship, that my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit so it really belongs to Him. Yikes.

Come to think about it-all that is standing between me and better fitness is to obey the Word and just do it. And then keep doing it at least 3-5 times a week.

What are you doing to prevent Osteoporosis?
Do you have fitness goals?
How do you stay consistent with your exercise program?

Blessings needed for my bones, Aimee

"..your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s." I Corinthians 6:19, 20 KJV


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...