23 August 2012

Recently

 Recently I wasn't at home to light my candles a few minutes before sunset,
just as I have been doing since the month of Elul began.
Since I was a bit apprehensive to bring them along,
due to the very dry conditions,
 I didn't--
but this made me a bit sad.
But as a friend and I drove along in the gorgeous countryside,
drinking in the beauty we found there,
I felt as if God Himself had lit my Retreat candles
and I stopped what I was doing to say a prayer to welcome the new day in--
another day to draw closer to Him
and
allow Him to draw closer to me.
 
Blessings,
Aimee
 
Notes: rural Marion county.


2 comments:

Gracie Saylor said...

Awesome! He is the Light of the World! Amazing!
Thanks for posting, Aimee!
Gracie x

aimee said...

Gracie~
He is indeed:)
Blessings,
Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...