04 January 2012

Of Quilts, Comforters + Puppy Pawprints

Oh the joy and the pain of shopping for the house--

in this case the Master Bedroom,

better known as Dog-ville, USA.

So many things to consider...

long white fur,

long white fur,

long white fur all over everything.

And yet, I must also consider...

dirty, muddy puppy pawprints

and how that would look against a beautiful white comforter

that would hide all that lovely, long white fur.

It would not be a pretty picture, I am sure.

And black bedding that would hide all those dirty, muddy puppy pawprints,

would show all that lovely white fur--

I know that from our previous experience with a burgundy comforter.


It is days like this when I wish I knew how to make a quilt...a nice multicolor quilt.

Light enough to wash at home, multicolored to hide dirty puppy pawprints

and not show all that white fur too much.

~

I think I've seen at least 100+ bedding combos by now,

between online viewing and store browsing.

Out of those, I like a handful:(

~

Too bad it's more than 1/2 year before the quilt shows start again.

I KNOW I'd find one---or more---there;

in reviewing my photos, I've already found several.


But alas it is not to be...

and I am back to shopping.

Wish me luck -- I will need it.

Blessings,

Aimee


Photos: from the St Mary's Quilt Show, Vernonia, OR

4 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Aimee,

Oh, you know what? I'd save my money and wait for the quilt show to buy some cool new bedding. It's clear that's what you like :) :) It's hard to wait...but I think this would be worth it. Oh, I really wish I quilted more :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

aimee said...

Hi, Heather!
I might have to wait--but I think I have, finally, found one (possibly two)quilts that I like and neither were too expensive!

Heather, I didn't know you've done quilting before! I'm impressed--I hold quilters in high esteem:)

Blessings,
Aimee

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

love the quilt photos you posted. When is the Vernonia quilt show? I'd love to go and it's not real far from me.....email me and maybe we could meet? snapperbeck at gmail dot com

aimee said...

Hi, Becky!
Another quilt lover--I LOVE that:) I will send you an e-mail...
Blessings,
Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...