25 January 2012

Looking Forward to Valentine's Day: Remembering My Mom's Love

And as the days pass, moving us closer to the day we celebrate love, I think of my mom and dad--the first people in my life to teach (and show me) love...here is a post from my other blog Flowers for My Mother: Reflections on her life, love and legacy.

I found a photo the other day.
It was one I had not seen before.
It was my mother when she was in her 20's,
sitting in a chair, clothed in the attire of the 50's~



Young with long, wavy brown hair,
heart filled with sweet anticipation,
belly swollen with life,

face radiant with the glow of maternal love.

This woman; my mom.

The life within her-me.

~

On this day, I remember my mom's love for me--

a love that never dies.

I remember and am eternally thankful for the ways she showed that love to me...



Blessings, Aimee

2 comments:

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

oh such wonderful words to honor your mother, thanks for sharing.

aimee said...

Becky,
Thank you very much for your very kind remarks--they mean a great deal to me! I miss mom quite a bit and it helps to write about her...
Blessings,
Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...