28 November 2011

Welcome Advent!



The beginning of Advent saw me at my sibling's home taking care of my dad. Together we spent many hours welcoming in this holy season, watching a Christmas pageant and other seasonal programming. Later that day, my DH and I made our way through a NW Oregon town where the town's firemen were busy stringing Christmas lights on the tall trees and putting out decorations which would be hung later. Finally, that evening found me savoring, with great delight, an Advent reflection in the Retreat book I am using.


I honestly must say, I am filled with great joy that Advent is here. As I put away our Thanksgiving decorations and begin to decorate the table with what will be an Advent wreath I cannot help but smile as I place items here and there. It is more than just the decorations--although I LOVE the outward things that mark the season; it is an inward joy at the chance to welcome Christ, again, into my heart and let His light shine through me to family, friends and those I meet.


How do you celebrate this season? Do you have snow yet?

Advent blessings, Aimee


Photo notes: No, we do not have snow yet--although the Cascades certainly do! But this past winter we did and this is a photo of the Old Scotch Church we went by on one of our historical church trips in the areas west and nw of Portland.

5 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Aimee :) :)

Oh, that church is so lovely :) :) I love old church buildings like this :)

We don't have snow here on the Central California coast...but we do have lots of fog right now, and occasionally some sunshine :) :)

Have a lovely week. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

aimee said...

Hi, Heather!
Good to hear from you:)
I LOVE old churches too--am always taking photos of them!
No snow where I live either--but we are having fog too and the mountains look very cool with it on them!
So happy you are liking your new home--God bless you and your dad!
Have a blessed Advent + Christmas,
Aimee

Momzoo said...

We only have snow in the mountians. I am not sure what we are going to do special for Christmas this year. I do want to get away from the gluttony that has seemed to take over the season, but what exactly, I don't know.

Aimee :)

Momzoo said...

We only have snow in the mountians. I am not sure what we are going to do special for Christmas this year. I do want to get away from the gluttony that has seemed to take over the season, but what exactly, I don't know.

Aimee :)

aimee said...

Wow--I am surprised that you don't have snow yet (I bet my DD is very, very happy about that)!
I hear you about wanting to get away from the 'gluttony' of the season and I wish you and 'Dadzoo' well as you consider what to do:)
Blessings this Advent,
Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...