19 January 2011

The WORD on Wednesday

Praise ye the LORD.

Praise ye the LORD from the heavens: praise Him in the heights.
Praise ye Him, all His angels: praise ye Him, all His hosts.
-
Praise ye Him, sun and moon: praise Him, all ye stars of light.
Praise Him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.
-
Let them praise the name of the LORD: for He commanded, and they were created.
He hath also stablished them for ever and ever: He hath made a decree which shall not pass.
--Psalm 148:1-6 KJV
-
~This week the PNW saw some beautiful weather--short lived, yes, but with 'hopes' (AKA hopeful weather forecasts) that it would soon be back! I was SO grateful to have a day that I could go out in the garden again with a blue sky overhead and wander about! It wasn't the gift of snow that I desire each and every year, but it was an equally treasured gift--the gift of sunshine in what has been an endlessly dark, dreary winter!
-
When I experience a BIG blessing like this, it is easy for me to be thankful and feel joy;
but when the weather around me is stormy, it isn't so easy.
Quite honestly, I don't like the rough times in life,
they are painful to go through;
but they are the times when I tend to draw closer to God--
and for that I am thankful.
-
May you be blessed this week,
Aimee
-
Photo: part of the lower pond

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...