02 October 2010

Coastal Wanderings: Fish & Seafood

After some time in Garibaldi-Tillamook,
we raced southward to the Siletz Bay area (Taft) to find this beautiful view
at the beach there...loved, loved, loved it!

And we also found this view of a school of fish there--
well at least a sculpture of a school of fish!
BTW--I LOVE good public art and am always taking photos of it--
I have several photos of this one,
but I particularly like this picture because of the gorgeous colors behind it:)
And then our evening destination
(well at least for eating that evening)--
Mo's!
Now, anyone familiar with Oregon's northern or central coast,
has most likely heard of and been to-a Mo's
(they have several different locations)
I think this was my first evening visit to this one.

We got a table right by the window facing the bay and underneath these pretty lights!
They are pretty popular and had a good amount of people for a weeknight,
but we didn't have to wait more then a few minutes to get seated.

Mo's is famous for their clam chowder--
you can even buy it frozen at some grocery stores around the PNW.
it is creamy and delicious;
my two guests enjoyed it very much!!
Alas, I am lactose intolerant now and can no longer have it...
so I had a scrumptious salad with shrimp at the same time--
have I said how much I LOVE fresh NW seafood??
Truly I do, and I eat fish and seafood often--
my favs being salmon, shrimp, halibut, cod and crab:)
YUM!

YUM!

And this was my main course--
or at least what was left of it when I decided I should take a photo of it.
It was a good meal---
and thinking about it makes me want to raid our refrigerator and see what I can find there
so...
blessings,
Aimee
-
If you are on the Oregon coast and hungry,
or just interested in learning more about the history of Mo's, please see their website here
(they also have a section with some of their recipes)
As per usual---I am in no way assocciated with Mo's in any way--
just a happy customer passing on info to those who might be interested and in their area.
A big thank you to the staff at Mo's for giving me permission to post photos taken there on this blog!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...