01 May 2010

National Day of Prayer: May 6, 2010

Next week, on Thursday, many in our nation will pause what they are doing--whether it be for a few moments or a full day--and "turn to God in prayer and meditation". With so much suffering and problems in our nation and the world today, I can not imagine a better thing for we as a nation to do. God bless America & you too, AImee

“If my people, which are called by My Name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

II Chronicles 7:14 KJV
-
Note: For more information on the National Day of Prayer and its history, you can see the Wikipedia article here. Quote above is from 36 U.S.C. section 119: National Day of Prayer. as found on site mentioned.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...