25 February 2009

God's Origami - in Progress

Origami is made by folding small, beautifully decorated pieces of paper into different shapes like cranes and other animals. It's gorgeous and I'm fascinated with it!

I'm beautiful too, just the way I am, because God made me; just as the origami paper is beautiful because its designers and manufacturers made it to be that way.

But God designed me to even more beautiful so that I can be a reflection of Him, the Master Creator and Artist to others. Like the origami artist, He sees that if I am folded (shaped, molded) just so I will be even more lovely!

So, God continuously works to shape me into what He sees I can be--what He wants me to be. He works patiently, carefully, lovingly for He realizes I'm just a fallible human being and He doesn't want me to be torn. I may not always like this process of being shaped, because it sometimes hurts or is scary, but He keeps on gently but firmly putting pressure on me, bending me to His will and working to complete the good work He has started in me.

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10 KJV

"...being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ" Philippians 1:6 KJV

Blessings, Aimee

Photo: a very small portion of the origami made for my son's and DIL wedding by her grandfather, one of the most talented -- and kind -- people I've ever met.

2 comments:

English Cottage in Georgia said...

Aimee, Thanks for visiting and leaving a sweet and reassuring comment.
What a delight to find your blog. I am bookmarking and will be returning. You have such a wonderful expression of God's word with lessons.

aimee said...

Thank you for your kind comment! It was MY pleasure to visit your blog yesterday/this morning!Sometimes we are 'fooled' into believing we're the only ones who believe a certain way--then God in His kindness has a way of reassuring us that we're not alone (He sometimes even uses cyber space to do that) :) Keep proclaiming the truth and God bless!
Blessings, A

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...