28 January 2009

Winter Colors

Walking through the winter garden may not have the abundance of showy blossoms that the spring and summer gardens have but...


God has provided color everywhere you look nevertheless. This tree caught my eye at the coast on our trip. I don't think the photo gives it the justice it deserves--the contrast between the deserted building and surrounding trees and grasses was amazing!



At the restaurant, we ate at, there was this plant with tiny blossoms. It is either a heath or a heather; I always confuse the two and my best friend (like most everyone else right now is asleep).



A few rose leaves still cling to their thorny branches, glowing a brilliant yellow in the winter's sun.



An Oregon grape--I hope! Pretty, huh?




Pieris---it's one of my favorites no matter the season. It is so graceful -- reminds me of a ballerina; I like ballet--have I said that? I am not graceful like this beautiful plant or a ballerina...though I can dance (a little).




Green irises emerging through a dusting of white snow. They won't be blooming for awhile yet but the green is nice to see.




If you look carefully you'll see delicate white blossoms on this plant -- I don't remember it ever being in bloom this early. Maybe I better check the forsythia and the early rhodies (JK!)


May you find the color in your own life and use your God-given gifts to bless those you meet.


"For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations."
Isaiah 61:11 KJV

Blessings, A

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...