15 December 2016

Utah: Part III

While we were in beautiful Utah, 
we had a chance to see this little one...


our VERY precious and adorable great-granddaughter!
Makes me wish we lived a LOT closer to see the milestones in her life. 


Amy's DMIL made us some amazing meals and, as I have said, has one of the sweetest hearts I've ever known! This simple dish tasted INCREDIBLE!! I wanted to keep eating and eating and eating; it was THAT good! And that tortilla right there? Well, ladies and gentlemen, that is the first tortilla I ever made with a press! 
It turned out MOST yummy-although it wasn't as perfect as my teacher's were:)


Later on, my DD's DMIL and my teacher, presented me with a birthday gift!
I was SO touched and deeply humbled. This is her very own personal tortilla press-the one she used all the time. I can hardly wait to use it and bless my family the way she does everyday:)
Whenever I look at it, I remember her and it makes me feel blessed!


On the way to see my son in 2007 or 2008, we went through a beautiful area in Utah. I took lots and lots of photos then, only to lose them. On the way back home, we went through that same area...
and, again, I fell in love with it!
But this time, I am getting some photos posted SO I can always look back and remember:)


The canyons of Utah blow me away. Since I had moved into the front seat by now, 
photos were a bit easier to take. Yea for autumn color :)


One of the interesting places we passed. 
Just like the lizard-beastie of Idaho, I would love to know more about this log cabin. 
NEED more data time:) 


One of the many, many water towers we passed going and coming on our journey. 


And another one...


One of the cornfields we passed. 
One of the many, many cornfields we passed!


Past their peak color, but always beautiful-
my beloved Aspen trees. 
How do I love thee? 
Let me count the ways...
:)

Next: Wyoming

Blessings, 
Aimee 


















Some links of interest:

8 comments:

Betsy said...

How sweet of her to give you her very own tortilla press! She must have a very sweet heart. Your great granddaughter is a very cute little girl and I can see why you wish you could be closer to her. The scenery is stunning! I've only been through Utah once driving and I remember it being beautiful. Have a lovely day my friend.
Blessings, Betsy

ellen b said...

Your great granddaughter is a little cutie. How sweet to be able to visit. Home made tortillas...I need to try that. Lovely photos of Utah. Hope all is well.

Linda W. said...

A wonderful trip full of beautiful sights and visiting loved ones!

Gracie Saylor said...

Precious memories in lovely words and photos, Aimee. Thanks for sharing. Little GG looks so sweet, and the scenery outstanding...oh that cabin and the plants and trees and... xx

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Sometimes lately I can look up those kind of roadside mysteries on my iPad or phone as we drive. But then I miss some of the sights ....I decided it's better to just add a quick note about where it is and use that info and my pic to research later. Anyway, Utah is wonderful, even for those of us not lucky enough to have an adorable great grand baby and a wonderful cook in the family living there. What a treat!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

What a gorgeous area- I do so love aspens..they are my favorite tree!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

Hi Aimee, we love Aspen trees too. Merry Christmas and best wishes. We hope that your road travelled has few bumps and many smooth miles ahead. From your friends up North.

Bethany Carson said...

Enjoyed the lovely photos from your trip! Looks like a wonderful vacation. The food looks delicious, and I'm glad you got to spend time with your family. Have a very happy 2017!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...