10 March 2014

Bird (+ Other Critter) 'Hunting'

 The end of the rainy, windy, stormy weather of recent times
made me yearn for a road trip Sunday,
and
 sent my DH and I in search of 'critters'--
especially since my favorite weather blogger nearly broke my heart recently
with his announcement that the annual south to north bird migration has begun
(and he had radar proof of it).
 
Could it be that our downright weird winter weather this year
 has left me lacking in bird viewing opportunities?
Sadly, yep.
 
But where to go?
DH and I disagreed on our destination...
turned out his suggestion couldn't have been any better :)
 
 
I wonder what squirrels think about all day long -- besides food that is.
Do you think they are as fascinated by us as we are with them?
 
 
A little river surfing??
 
 
Duck couple or a couple of ducks?
You decide:)
 
 
I used to fly too.
Really!
Unfortunately, it was only in my dreams...
and my 'wings' (arms) seemed a bit sore when I woke up.
I wonder if birds ever have sore wings...
 
 
Up close and personal
(with the help of a zoom lens and awesome bird watching manners).
 
 
Sometimes I think this would be a great ability to have...
but it kinda makes my neck hurt to think too much about it.
 
 
And a beautiful end to a surprisingly short (but hopefully sweet) post.
Have a blessed week everyone!
Blessings,
Aimee

Note:
Sorry fellow bloggers--
I've been pretty busy these past days and it will take me awhile to catch up on blog visits.
I am looking forward to doing that though:)
Photos taken in Clackamas County, Oregon yesterday.
 
 

12 comments:

Linda W. said...

Great shots of the wildlife! I'm never patient enough to sit still long enough to capture them. I especially love your squirrel photo. Happy Monday!

Betsy said...

These are some great pidtures Aimee. I've been noticing some geese flying north here too. I do hpe that means spring is on it;s wa to stay.
Blessings,
Betsy

Willow said...

I enjoye your post Aimee , it had me smiling and admiring your great shots. Look like it was a lovely place to be.
Blessing to you too !
Willow

Lorrie said...

That's a really, really great shot of the Canada Goose landing on the water. Highly frame worthy, I'd say.

aimee said...

@Linda~
Thank you! I only had to sit still for just a little bit:) The squirrel photo is a fav of mine also and my new screensaver.
Have a great week Linda!
Blessings,
Aimee

@Betsy~
Thanks! That's AWESOME that you are seeing geese now! I am sure spring is on its way (and I, like you, am thrilled it is)!
Wishing you a wonderful week:)
Blessings,
Aimee

@Willow~
TY! I am happy to bless your day and leave you with a smile--loving critters as much as you do, you would have really liked the area the photos were taken in! It's set at the confluence of two PNW rivers and not too far from a very nice waterfall.
Hope you have an awesome week!
Blessings,
Aimee

@Lorrie~
Thank you! I had such fun watching the geese do that--I don't think I have ever seen them do that before, and I've seen a lot of Canadian Geese! Watching all of the birds was MUCH more entertaining than TV:)
Wishing you a blessed week!
Blessings,
Aimee

Teresa Kasner said...

Wow, you got some great images of the birds and the squirrel. I bet you're as happy as me to have the warming weather! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

aimee said...

@Teresa~
Thanks! I am INCREDIBLY happy about spring and the promise of better weather:)
Enjoy your week!
Blessings, Aimee

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

Hi Aimee, very nice nature shots. It's muted blue skies with big white clouds up here today. Thankfully it's not raining so my belly will be dry.

aimee said...

@Sam~
Hi there! I bet it's pretty -- I always loved BC. A dry belly is a very good thing (according to the white furry ones) :)
Have you seen the kitty lately?
Blessings,
Aimee

aimee said...

@Sam--thanks for the compliment:)
Aimee

Gracie Saylor said...

Somehow I missed this post, but am glad I found it and got to enjoy the wonderful photos of the birds! Thanks so much for sharing them, Aiimee. xx

Anonymous said...

@Gracie~
Happy you found it! They were a LOT of fun to watch--I am sure you would have enjoyed them in person too :)
Blessings, Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...