09 March 2013

When Meeting My Waterloo Involved a Fall (or Two)...and was a good thing:)

Our most recent trip brought us again to the land I love so very much...
the land our family has roots in.
We ate lunch, grabbed at my favorite drive-in
(the type my hubby and I went to when we were younger)
and ate it by the lake...
in view of the mountains.
Pretty, huh?
The water of the lake was like a mirror in places...
the sky,
well you can see for yourself:)
And then my plans got changed
(well actually they changed a bit before this too)...
and I have my hubby to thank for the change!
The change involved a turn to the left...
and brought us to a park...
by a river
where we could see some very, very special rock outcroppings.
And then a missed turn
(missed on purpose)
and a turn to the right
which led us up,
and up,
and up.
 
Where silence reigned supreme,
the views
(well you can see for yourself)
and...
I wished I had put some family history on my smartphone.
 
Can you believe this weather?
Couldn't have asked for a better day.
 
 In addition to not having family history on my smartphone...
I didn't have my zoom either.
Guess that is pretty evident:)
 
And then we went by a camp...
a camp which held awesome memories for me...
because it was there I heard a wonderful, incredible, beautiful woman speak once...
so many years ago now.
Perhaps you have heard of
She inspires me!
I count hearing her in person as one of the BIG blessings of my life,
along with hearing Corrie ten Boom.
 
In this day and age
(actually in every day and age)
we need women inspiring other women to be everything God created them to be.
 
Well back to the trip
and the falls...
 
Blessings,
Aimee
 
What did you do today?
For my fellow PNW friends and visitors,
did you LOVE the weather today as much as I?
Felt like spring
and can you believe it,
we are just a few hours from springing forward!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...