16 September 2011

Of Quilts, Crafts, Food + Love

Ah! The joys of autumn...the calendar doesn't say it,

but we in the Pacific NW all know it because the signs are there:

leaves starting to put on their colorful fall finery, pears ripening on countertops,

apples nearing harvest time, rain, autumn flowers like these beautiful crocus...


and

a quilt + craft show in one of my favorite little towns--Vernonia, Oregon!

BTW, I also found out there is a lot of love there--

in this little church;

because I had the opportunity to see love in action while there...


Love was evident in all the quilts of every imaginable color, size and design,

created by hands that wanted to bless their church home

(and I think) bless those that would come through the doors of the show.

Love that put together an asssortment of birdhouses

(I was sorely tempted to buy the red one; I loved it!),

Love that put together other crafts and Christmas items,

love that did a lot of the things that go to making an event like this an enjoyable one--

things like the great lunch which we were soon to enjoy!


Quilts,

crafts,

plants

and lunch among the many, many, many quilts.

What could be better?


Yum!


Autumn--soup, craft shows,

a warm quilt or comforter at night,

rain,

autumn flowers

and love!

I think I like it:)

~

Blessings to my 2 'angels' of Vernonia

and blessings to all of you!

Aimee

~

Note: If you love quilts (and I do),

if you love crafts (ditto above comment),

if you are hungry for a good lunch

and you like small, mountain valley towns with great parks and more,

you might like to pay a visit to St Mary's Quilt + Craft Show!

You have three more days:)

~

Here is a link about the show:


Note 2: Should you want to see more of Vernonia---I have quite a few photos from there taken last year. Feel free to use the search feature located in the right sidebar. I will also soon be doing a post on the Blue House Cafe there---awesome Mediterranean food, friendly staff!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...