05 May 2011

National Day of Prayer 2011

Prayer


Acknowledging God for who He is:
Creator

Savior

Holy

Loving

Gracious

Abba Father


Realizing who I am

His child, by His loving grace.

Seeking my daily bread,

a healing touch,

His protection,

forgiveness,

wisdom for problems--big and small,

His will.

Or just saying thank you for all I have been given.


Short or long,

a portion of Scripture;

a song that speaks to my heart's deepest needs --

a written prayer;

a thought directed upwards-

from my heart

to His,

rising like a fragrant offering to His throne in heaven.

Blessings, Aimee
Two of my favorite prayers are:

the so called Prayer of St Francis

and the Serenity Prayer.

A great book on prayer is: Richard J Foster, Prayer.

Love all his books and so did my mom:)

Photos: a few photos from earlier times.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...