20 February 2010

Of Ponds, Blossoms & Spring Days


Up early to do some chores I took time to watch the dawn's colors as reflected on our upper pond and stroll around a bit. The sky was beautiful and our lawn (AKA field) looked like a gorgeous carpet of several shades of green--believe me this photo does not do it justice!
Later, after a nap (still recovering from the cold, etc) I tried to take some pictures of the now blooming wild plums with a wiggly dog in tow! Needless to say I finally put her inside and returned to take some photos and cut a few forsythia and plum branches for a nice spring bouquet! Have I said how much I LOVE yellow and white blossoms at this time of year (oh yea, I guess I have said that -- a time or two!)

I also took time to just sit on our deck steps and drink in the fragrance of the daphne (oh so sweet), the warmth of the sun overhead and the overall beauty of the day!

And...

on this first week of Lent I couldn't help but thank God for all He has given you & I -- surely nature and creation point out His glory and love for us!

Lenten Blessings, Aimee
-
"I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of all Your wonders.
I will be glad and rejoice in You;
I will sing praise to Your name, O Most Highl"
Psalms 9: 1-2 NIV
-
Photos:
Early morning carpet of green
Freshly picked plum & forsythia blossoms
Lower pond plants breaking their winter dormancy
Praecox rhodo reflection in upper pond
Daylily leaf shadow on flagstone

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...